I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can doEdward Everett Hale

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tuesday February 2nd

Today Joel Blake and I left early and caught a tap tap in search of dental instruments. We rode to the top  of Petionville and walked down Delmas (we remembered there was a dental store somewhere around here) about 40 blocks in search of the store. We finally found it and bought the needed instruments. We then got back in a tap tap and headed for the Petionville Chapel. When we got there we went in to the chapel and started visiting with the members and asking them how they were doing. We asked if anyone had a toothache and within 15 minutes we had a line of about 40 people. They moved things around in the Bishop's office and set up a chair so we could do our work. We did extractions all day long and made arrangements to come back on Thursday. We will need to go get some more instruments as some of the people needed more extensive dental care. So we will go look for those tomorrow. Caught a tap tap back home to another great Haitian meal. It felt good to get to do some dentistry again! Tomorrow we are going to a tent city of 9,000 that has not had any medical care at all. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment