I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can doEdward Everett Hale

Monday, February 8, 2010

Today we went back to work at the Petionville Chapel. It will be the last time we set up our medical and dental clinic here. Each time we have been to this chapel (I think it's been 3 times) we have had a member of that ward who just recently returned from his mission assist us. His name is Jean Orlien Pierre-Louis. He is a very nice guy and I got to know him very well. He worked very hard for us cleaning and taking care of the instruments for us. We gave him some food and some money for his efforts. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to meet and get to know him. He will be a friend forever. We finished up a little early today and headed up into the mountains behind Port-au-Prince to a place called Kenskoff. We walked through a little market and bought some Haitian things to bring home. It felt really good up there. It's about 15 degrees cooler up on the mountain and a little break from the heat was nice. We came back down the mountain and went and visited with Madame Bourelli. She had some very good and safe Haitian food made for us. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment