I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can doEdward Everett Hale

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday February 4th

I don't have a lot to write tonight. I woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea and felt really, really sick! I thought it would pass by the morning but it didn't. Not sure if it was something I ate or the flu...but I had promised a lot of people that I would come back today and take care of their dental needs, and I didn't want to let them down. So off I went to the Petionville Chapel. Joel and I saw around 40 people and pulled about 40 teeth today. These Haitians have some really hard bone! We even saw one man who was about 65 years old. He only had lower teeth left and couldn't eat very well. He had perio disease so bad that we decided to pull the remaining teeth. I got the teeth out and sutured him up.    I didn't feel well all day and by now was totally exhausted! As we went to leave the chapel I ran into one of the members (first that I have seen) that I recognized. Her name is Nadine Seraphin. She had just been baptized when I was serving here and is still a good member today. That was so nice to see, and it was good to visist with her. We walked down and caught a tap tap and went to the supermarket to get Gatorade and some crackers then headed back to camp. Finally back home (in my tent) I fell asleep. When I woke up I was feeling much better. About half of our group ended up getting sick. (So I guess it was the flu) I was lucky...most of them needed IV's. I am doing a lot better and looking forward to a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment