I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can doEdward Everett Hale

Saturday, January 23, 2010

This is for all of my friends and family who have a desire to help the Haitian people. A group of doctors and volunteers (mostly former LDS missionaries) are headed to Port-au-Prince next week. Our mission is to rebuild a medical clinic that was founded years ago by a Utah doctor. This clinic had a great history of helping Haitians. As most of you know I served my mission in Haiti and have a great love for the Haitian people. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve on this special task force.
Our mission is being financially supported by private donations. Living supplies for the volunteers are being provided by the LDS church, and we are going in under the direct authorization of USAID. If you have the desire to help out in Haiti, this is the perfect method. Here is a link with more information on how to help.

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well for you and the team. I know this is exciting for you to return to Haiti and serve the people once again. You, Michelle and your children will be blessed for your service. Looking forward to hearing about the experience!

    ReplyDelete