I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can doEdward Everett Hale

Thursday, January 28, 2010

En Route to Haiti


Doug is officially on his way to Haiti! He is scheduled to land in Port-au-Prince at 11:00pm EST. It was a very somber day yesterday as the kids and I dropped him off at the airport. It was rainy and cold, very fitting for the teary eyed kids I had in the back seat of my car. It's a big sacrifice to give up your dad for three weeks but I reminded the kids how lucky they are to have a dad who is willing and able to give of himself to the people of Haiti. In the scriptures it tells us to "be willing to comfort those that stand in need of comfort." The people of Haiti need to be comforted now more than ever before. I'm so proud of Doug and know that God will keep him safe as he has a great work to do!

1 comment:

  1. We're so excited that Doug is going to serve the people in Haiti once again. This trip will be different, but just as important! Our prayers are with you and the people in Haiti ... looking forward to updates and pictures.

    ReplyDelete